Showcase Sunday (6)

Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:00 AM

Showcase Sunday is hosted over at Books, Biscuits, and TeaShowcase Sunday is where book bloggers can show all of the books and bookish goodies they bought, received, borrowed, etc recently. It's been over a month since I last posted a Showcase Sunday, so this post features the books I've received or bought over a long span of time. 



Bought (Kindle):
-The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat #3) by Laura Florand
-Attachments by Rainbow Rowell 
-The Witch of Duva (The Grisha 0.5) by Leigh Bardugo
-The Too-Clever Fox (The Grisha 2.5) by Leigh Bardugo
-Little Knife (The Grisha #2.6) by Leigh Bardugo
-The King's Guard (Fire and Thorns 0.7) by Rae Carson
-The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns 0.6) by Rae Carson
-The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker


Approved (Netgalley):
-The Lost (The Lost #1) by Sarah Beth Durst
-Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
-Half A King (Shattered Sea #1) by Joe Abercrombie
-Jackaby by William Ritter
-Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah 

Bought (Strand Book Store):
-The Ghost of Graylock by Dan Poblocki
-The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
-The Mirk and Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson

I went to New York City for a weekend with my boyfriend in late June, so of course I had to visit the Strand Book Store, and I bought a few things. I had to resist the urge to keep buying more stuff too. I love that bookstore so much. I honestly could spend hours in there.


Bought: 
-The Perilous Gard by Elizabeth Marie Pope
-Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst

Borrowed:
-Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour

Gifted: 
-Asylum (Asylum #1) by Madeleine Roux
-Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

My close friend Amanda sent me some lovely gifts for my birthday, including chocolate, a journal and a signed copy of Love Letters to the Dead! She got it signed for me at Fierce Reads, and I love her for it!


As always, I had trouble resisting the temptation of $1.99 deals for Kindle, not to mention that free Kindle book, The Chocolate Rose! How could I say no to a free book, especially when I've heard good things about her romances? And then the Vessel hardcover was on sale for a really good price on Amazon, and I've been meaning to read that one for far too long! Plus, those novellas were cheap, and I'm hoping to read them soon, since I love The Grisha and Fire and Thorns series! I'm excited to read all of these books, and I really need to stop buying any more, since I have a new house now that I'm moving into...

So what books did everyone else get recently? Have you read any of these? 

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow awesome haul!! Never heard of that particular bookstore. Of course I live nowhere near NY, so that's probably why! Glad you got so many amazing books this week! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Attachments, hope you do too! I'm planning on reading Salt and Storm soon, I hope it's good. I got the Girl With All the Gifts too, but I haven't read it yet. The synopsis sounds creepy. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for The Chocolate Rose! I'm also a huge fan of Attachments and Everything Leads to You is just fantastic. I need to visit The Strand ASAP and I loooove that book bag (huge owl fan!) so I'm going to have to snag that too (even though I have waaay too many book bags!). Lovely haul, Courtney!(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asylum looks awesome! Added it to my TBR pile! My first ever Showcase Sunday post is up on my blog now, would love it if you could stop by? http://www.ablondelibrarian.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/sunday-showcase-1.html :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, you have got amazing books!! Everything leads to you is and amazing book and The Ghost of Graylock is a fantastic horror one. I've been meaning to visit The Strand bookstore for the longest time- one day for sure I'll have to. Love that Strand tote bag!! :) Lovely haul!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Oooh you got The Grisha novellas!! I have been meaning to get to them sometime because I would read anything Leigh Bardugo writes and I love that they're folktales from that world. Please post your thoughts if you read them because I would love to hear what you think!!

    Love The Strand and I did in fact spend hours there. That tote is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Grisha novellas are amazing :) I really liked the stories! I've read one of those novellas from Rae Carson, but I can't remember which one it was.. It was good though! I'm reading right meow, haha, funny. I loved The girl with all the gifts. Very intense story. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many awesome books! We'll definitely have to discuss Attachments, The Chocolate Rose, and The Golem and the Jinni, even if we don't end up reading them at the same time.
    You'll have to let me know how Jackaby is. I'm vaguely intrigued, but not sure whether it's really a "me" book.
    That is a freaking fantastic tote. I love it! And so jealous of you getting The Mirk and Midnight Hour!
    And, again, I'm glad my gifts arrived. I hope you enjoy them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something about that Little Knife cover speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs