Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread (19)

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:00 AM
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Top Ten Tuesday is where bloggers post top ten lists based on a bookish theme. This week's Top Ten Tuesday is:

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
It happens to the best of us. A book catches our eye, and we just have to buy it right then and there. This happens to me a lot. So narrowing this list down to 10 was almost impossible, but I did it for you guys. No one wants a mile long list.
1. Fever by Lauren DeStefano - I loved, loved, LOVED Wither with a passion. So as soon as I finished it, I decided I absolutely had to buy Fever that very second. And I still have yet to read it. I think my main reason for putting it off is because many reviewers didn't like it as much as they loved Wither. But I will be reading it very soon. Hopefully.

2. Rebel Heart by Moira Young - Same reasoning as above. I loved Blood Red Road, but now I'm worried I won't like Rebel Heart as much. Sequels worry me because they tend to disappoint. 

3. Black City by Elizabeth Richards - I even pre-ordered Black City. I read that it was about vampires, and I was so psyched to read it. But I saw a lot of negative reviews, and now I'm nervous.

4-5. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente - I met Valente at my local bookstore and got these babies signed! But I still have yet to read them. I need to fix that pronto!

6. The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier - For some reason, I desperately needed to have this book. There was absolutely no question about it. I think it was the cover and the premise that really sucked me in. I mean, islands in the sky? Sign me up! But I still haven't read it. I need to remedy this.
7. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke - I want to read this soon. I love historical fiction and magic, and this book is a mix of both so I'm super excited to try it out. 

8. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck - So many people rave about this series, and I felt compelled to buy this first book, but it still remains unread. 

9. The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge - This series intrigues me, but it has received mixed reviews. I don't know why I saw it and felt that I needed to buy it, but my brain works in strange ways. 

10. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab - This book sounds fantastic. I just need to get around to reading it! I have no excuse.

You think I would've learned my lesson by now, but the jury's still out on that one. What books did you guys HAVE to buy but now they are just sitting on your shelf unread?



8 comments:

  1. Dust Lands does look good. I keep meaning to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I think you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. The Near Witch is one I need to read soon! I have heard so many great things!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I couldn't narrow my list to ten because there are a ton of books I had to buy and still haven't read. So I decided not to participate this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I understand completely. It was definitely difficult to narrow it down. Thanks Cindy!

      Delete
  4. Yup, it's definitely a problem that it seems like everyone in the book blogging world can relate with! It's too bad that it seems with a lot of the books on your list, you were turned off by negative reviews. I can say that I personally didn't really love Fever or Black City... but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will feel the same way! I do honestly hope you like them better than me anyway. I'm jealous of your signed Catherynne M. Valente books - I really need to read those, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I should just read them and see for myself if I like them, but I keep being a coward. It will definitely happen! :D

      Delete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs