Waiting on Wednesday (20) - The Symptoms of My Insanity by Mindy Raf

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:00 AM
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Every week, bloggers post books they're eagerly awaiting.


The Symptoms of my Insanity by Mindy Raf
Hits Shelves on April 18, 2013
Add to Goodreads
Synopsis
A laugh-out-loud, bittersweet debut full of wit, wisdom, heart, and a hilarious, unforgettable heroine.

When you’re a hypochondriac, there are a million different things that could be wrong with you, but for Izzy, focusing on what could be wrong might be keeping her from dealing with what’s really wrong.

I almost raised my hand, but what would I say? “Mr. Bayer, may I please be excused? I’m not totally positive, but I think I might have cancer.” No way. Then everyone at school would know, and they would treat me differently, and I would be known as “Izzy, that poor girl who diagnosed herself with breast cancer during biology.”

But Izzy’s sense of humor can only get her so far when suddenly her best friend appears to have undergone a personality transplant, her mother’s health takes a turn for the worse, and her beautiful maybe-boyfriend is going all hot and cold. Izzy thinks she’s preparing for the worst-case scenario, but when the worst-case scenario actually hits, it’s a different story altogether—and there’s no tidy list of symptoms to help her through the insanity. (Goodreads)
Why I'm Waiting
You had me at hypochondriac. The title, the premise, all of it is magnetically drawing me in. I hope it proves to be a hysterically funny but also deeply moving debut!

What is everyone else waiting for this week?




12 comments:

  1. Well now this sounds amazing!
    Great Pick
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one before. Sounds really good, thanks for the suggestion! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really original. I hadn't heard of this book before, but I really need to check it out when it comes out. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Em! It does sound unique!

      Delete
  4. Ooh neat!! This one is totally new to me as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to check it out, Jessica!

      Delete
  5. Cool find. I love the cover and top font.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree. This cover is INSANE.

      Delete
  6. I really love that cover! I would like to read more funny books than I do - I always enjoy them, but somehow don't end up reading many of them. I'm tired of these depressing dystopian books really! So this one sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Aylee! I'm the same way. I read so many dark, depressing books and a funny book once in awhile would be awesome. I need to mix things up more. Hope you enjoy this one if you get a chance to read it!

      Delete

Courtney Reads A Lot loves comments a lot! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2014 Courtney Reads A Lot
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs