Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
Hits Shelves on May 28, 2013
Add to Goodreads
SynopsisWhy I'm Waiting
Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:
1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.
Things that actually happen:
1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.
Both exhilarating and wrenching, Hilary T. Smith’s debut novel captures the messy glory of being alive, as seventeen-year-old Kiri Byrd discovers love, loss, chaos, and murder woven into a summer of music, madness, piercing heartbreak, and intoxicating joy. (Goodreads)
I am intrigued; I am curious. I often find myself loving random books with wild premises. This book sounds wonderful, chaotic, and exciting. I'm starting to appreciate YA contemporary for the first time. I'm hoping this book does not disappoint. I mean even the cover screams READ ME with its vibrant colors.
And MURDER?! You betcha!
What's your WoW this week?